Champions for World Skills – Coaching for Success is an initiative which engages local employers and other stakeholders to be advocates for newcomers and to use coaching as a strategy to advance their integration into the Ottawa labour market.
Networking and lack of sector specific knowledge are two of the biggest barriers for newcomers to secure employment. Professionals in Ottawa can provide support to our newcomers through various forms of coaching and employers can gain access to the largest pool of newcomers in Ottawa.
Employers like Business Development Canada, TD Bank, Epocal, The City of Ottawa, and the Federal Government are already tapping into this pool! Since 2010, 325 newcomers have secured paid internships with the Federal Government through the Federal Internship for Newcomers Program.
Here are some areas which we are recruiting for:
- Resume Coach
- Interview Coach
- Informational Interview Coach
- Guest Speaker Industry / Personal Journey / Cross Cultural / Motivation
- Event Sponsorship Opportunities
- Job Postings/Targeted Recruitment
- Entrepreneurship Coach
- Social Enterprise Coach
- Networking Coach
- Social Media Coach
- LinkedIn Coach
- Pronunciation Coach
- Paid Internship / Employment Opportunity
- Corporate Mentorship Program
Who can participate?
- Employers, Recruiters, Managers, and other company representatives
- Professionals who wish to share sector-specific or industry knowledge and/or HR expertise such as resume and interview coaching
What are the advantages of being an Employer Champion?
- Meet and access the biggest newcomer talent pool in Ottawa
- Enhance individual or organizational cross-cultural awareness, knowledge and competencies
- Develop your mentoring/coaching/leadership/presentation skills
- Gain international perspectives and insights into international markets
- Share the opportunity to hire newcomer talent
Interested in becoming an Employer Champion? Register now!