1. How do I make an appointment with World Skills staff?
Please call reception at 613-233-0453 ext. 300 to be referred to the relevant staff.
2. How much does it cost for your services?
World Skills services are free of charge thanks to the generous contributions of our funders and donors.
3. How do you help people find work in Ottawa?
As a World Skills client, you have access to a wide range of information, resources and networking opportunities. While World Skills cannot actually find you a job, we offer the support and resources necessary to help you find employment. We work with you to determine your employment needs and the most appropriate job search strategies; we help you develop a resume and cover letter; we identify job vacancies and networking opportunities and we refer you to the programs and services (both within World Skills and elsewhere) that best suit your needs.
4. What is the duration of your programs?
World Skills offers a variety of programs with different timelines. Please call reception at 613-233-0453 ext. 300 to find out more about our programs.
5. Do you only provide services in English?
All of our services are provided in English. Several services such as one-on-one counselling and Job Search Workshops are also offered in French. Our diverse staff speak a variety of international languages.
6. Do you have to be a Permanent Resident to access services?
No. Some of our programs have eligibility requirements, but World Skills welcomes all newcomers regardless of immigration status.
7. Are there any workshops or training courses in the evening?
At this time, most of our workshops take place during the day. The Workplace Language Training courses and Resume Clinic are offered in the evenings.
8. What about credentials assessment or language testing?
World Skills staff can direct you to these services. Please call reception at 613-233-0453 ext 300 to be referred to the relevant staff.
9. I would like to work at World Skills. Can I apply?
All positions open to external candidates are posted here as well as on the Charity Village website.
10. Can I volunteer at World Skills?
Volunteer positions become available from time to time based on our organizational needs. For further information, contact Atoosa Adnani at email@example.com
11. Do you help people outside the country apply for a work permit?
No. We only offer services to immigrants already in Canada or those who have been approved to immigrate and have chosen Ontario as their destination.
12. I would like to immigrate to Canada. Can you help?
No. All immigration applications are submitted through Citizenship and Immigration Canada.