|Company:||National Arts Centre|
|Industry:||Arts Media and Entertainment|
|Job Type:||Part Time|
|Salary Level ($):||Less than 30,000|
|Job Location:||Downtown Ottawa|
|Highest Level Of Education:||High School|
|Job Posting Date:||12-Apr-2017|
$20.83 per hour as per Collective Agreement
Weekend shifts from 6:00 to 2:30 // 3:00 to 11:00
Evening shifts from 3:00 to 11:00
Day shifts from 6:00 to 2:30
The incumbent is required to ensure the regular cleaning and orderly condition of the National Arts Centre. This includes areas open to the general public and office cleaning.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Recycle and Garbage Disposal
Using walk behind and ride-on machinery, scrubbers and sweepers
Dusting and Mopping
Litter Pick Up and Removal
Performing other related activities as required.
- Successfully completed a High School diploma;
- Minimum of one (1) year of related janitorial experience using industrial vacuums, floor scrubbers and operating carpet cleaners;
- Must be able to lift up to 30lbs on a regular basis;
- Must be able to push/pull carts weighing up to 200lbs;
- Ability to follow directions and work with limited supervision;
- Must be friendly, upbeat, and work well with other employees and be able to interact with guests;
- Ability to work under pressure and to react quickly in emergency situations;
- Must be able to stand & exert well paced mobility for up to 8 hours;
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill cleaning tasks;
- Shifts are on weekends and occasionally evenings and days during the week;
- WHMIS training a definite asset and will be required upon hired;
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Bilingualism in both official languages (English/French) is an asset.
Regular attendance at work is an expectation of employment and an essential part of every job.
Who can apply:
Persons residing in Canada and Canadian citizens residing abroad. Preference will be given to Canadian citizens.
Candidates invited to an interview will be responsible for all travel and accommodation expenses. If relocation is required, the successful candidate will be expected to pay for his/her relocation expenses.
As an employer who values diversity in its workforce, we encourage candidates to self-identify as members of the following designated groups: women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples and persons with disabilities.
While we appreciate all applications, only those selected for interview will be contacted.
How to apply?
Please submit your application online through our website at http://clients.njoyn.com/CL4/xweb/xweb.asp?clid=74526&page=jobdetails&jobid=J0317-0692&BRID=EX42346&SBDID=21728&LANG=1