|Company:||National Arts Centre|
|Industry:||Arts Media and Entertainment|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
|Salary Level ($):||Less than 30,000|
|Job Location:||Ottawa, ON, Canada|
|Highest Level Of Education:||Diploma|
|Job Posting Date:||12-Apr-2017|
from May to August 2017
Monday to Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Salary: $16.21 per hour
Reporting to the Facilities Manager, Operations, the incumbent is required to perform a diversity of tasks: regular cleaning and cleaning of mechanical areas, assist tradesmen in accomplishing daily tasks including landscaping, painting and performing other related duties. Work may be performed in the following conditions:
- small and tight spaces;
- work from a ladder no higher than 8 feet;
- outside for an extended period of time.
- Successfully completed a high school diploma;
- One to two years of related labourer or trades experience;
- Good organizational skills;
- Ability to follow directions and work with limited supervision;
- Must be friendly, upbeat, and work well with other employees and be able to interact with guests;
- Ability to work under pressure and to react quickly in emergency situations;
- Must be able to stand & exert well paced mobility for up to 8 hours;
- WHMIS training a definite asset and will be required upon hire;
- Intermediate knowledge in Microsoft Suite would be an asset;
- Bilingual in both official languages (english and french) would be an asset.
Persons residing in Canada and Canadian citizens residing abroad. Preference will be given to Canadian citizens.
Candidates invited to an interview will be responsible for all travel and accommodation expenses. If relocation is required, the successful candidate will be expected to pay for his/her relocation expenses.
As an employer who values diversity in its workforce, we encourage candidates to self-identify as members of the following designated groups: women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples and persons with disabilities.
While we appreciate all applications, only those selected for interview will be contacted.
How to apply?
Please submit your application online through our website, at http://clients.njoyn.com/CL4/xweb/xweb.asp?clid=74526&page=jobdetails&jobid=J0417-0238&BRID=EX43570&SBDID=21728&LANG=1