Job Opportunity with Algonquin College
World Skills Employment Centre is working with Algonquin College
to recruit for the position of Part-Time Communications Officer
World Skills is not
hiring for this position. If you are interested in this opportunity, please follow these steps:
- Please send a cover letter and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, on or before 9:00 am, March 25, 2018.
- Please write the position title in the subject line of your email.
- Please save your cover letter and resume as a SINGLE document, with the file name Your First Name_ Last Name_Position Title (John_Smith_Project Officer).
- Late applications will not be accepted.
If you are not yet registered with World Skills,
please contact 613-233-0453 ext.300 / Reception@ottawa-worldskills.org
to book an appointment for Intake and Assessment or to learn more about our programs and services.
World Skills works with newcomers/immigrants to help them integrate into the Canadian labor market. http://www.ottawa-worldskills.org
Reporting to the Manager, Communications, the incumbent provides communications guidance and counsel to a wide variety of stakeholders, including various College committees. The incumbent creates and organizes internal communications content for various initiatives and events.
The incumbent works closely with the Manager and the rest of the Communications team on the drafting and issuing of timely College announcements, and the creation and execution of communications plans regarding institutional priorities. The incumbent is responsible for maintenance activities related to media relations, internal communications, government relations, and the administration of several College websites. The incumbent is involved in the communication and execution of high-profile College events, including media relations and social media specific to the events.
- Minimum two (2) year diploma/degree in Public Relations, Communications or a directly related
- field of study;
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in Media, Media Relations and/or Public Relations and
- Communications, with demonstrated capability in various social media tools;
- Demonstrated experience in building relationships and working with seasoned journalists;
- Keen understanding of, and demonstrated experience with, communication planning and research;
- Keen understanding of, and demonstrated experience in, measuring communication outcomes;
- Solid understanding of social media tools and applications;
- Strong interpersonal and diplomacy skills necessary for dealing with general public;
- Excellent relationship-building/interpersonal skills for working with all College stakeholder groups;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Excellent organizational, project, analytical and intuitive skills;
- Ability to identify potential crisis/conflicts before they arise and determine appropriate course of
- Proficiency with standard suite MS Office tools.