Job Opportunity with United Way Ottawa
World Skills Employment Centre is working with United Way Ottawa to recruit for the position of Director/Senior Director, Business and Partnership Development.
World Skills is not hiring for this position. If you are interested in this opportunity, please follow these steps:
- Please send a cover letter and a resume to email@example.com, on or before 9:00 am, May 19, 2018.
- Please write the position title in the subject line of your email.
- Please save your cover letter and resume as a SINGLE document, with the file name Your First Name_ Last Name_Position Title (John_Smith_Project Officer). IMPORTANT!
- Late applications will not be accepted.
If you are not yet registered with World Skills, please contact 613-233-0453 ext.300 / Reception@ottawa-worldskills.org to book an appointment for Intake and Assessment or to learn more about our programs and services.
World Skills works with newcomers/immigrants to help them integrate into the Canadian labor market. http://www.ottawa-worldskills.org
United Way Ottawa works with a variety of partners in the business community to generate revenue and increase awareness of the United Way Ottawa mission and brand. The Director/Sr. Director will lead and direct efforts to increase revenue or visibility from business development opportunities for United Way Ottawa.
The Director/Senior Director of Business and Partnership Development is accountable for the development, management and evaluation of the business development unit in accordance with United Way Ottawa’s corporate strategic plan and organizational priorities. This will include the creation of an overall business development plan with key performance indicators in the following areas: affinity groups, sponsorship, third party events, partnerships, and cause marketing.
This position will liaise with all functional teams in resource development as well as other departments, as needed, to implement goals in each area. In particular, the Director/Sr. Director works closely with the Workplace Philanthropy team to develop and or implement Corporate Social Responsibility Programs linked to existing relationships and will be tasked with finding new corporate prospects.
- Oversees and manages the creation of the Business Development business plan, financial goals, and program budgets
- Leads the development of all strategies and programs within the Business Development team.
- Leads the development and activation of a robust prospect pipeline and partnership plan(s)
- Cultivates and manages a business development volunteer task force
- Leverages industry best practices in all aspects of program development.
Leading the Business Development Team
- Trains, motivates, develops and leads the Business Development Team. This includes mentoring and coaching staff on donor/senior volunteer relationships, ensuring effective project management practices and enabling the team to identify business development opportunities.
- Supports Business Development with presentations, proposals, and strategic road maps for partnership and sponsorship development.
- Supervises 2-3 staff members of varying organizational levels (Admin-Sr. Managers) who are responsible for executing tactics tied to overall business development plan.
Working With and Through Others
- Works with all other functional teams in Resource Development
- Works in collaboration with Marketing and Communications on strategic event initiatives.
- Works with volunteers
- Solicits involvement from various internal stakeholders in the creation of new strategies and programs.
- Works with and through colleagues in Corporate Services, Community Services and Communications and Marketing to ensure that the strategic directions are fully embraced and implemented across all streams.
- Works with and through colleagues in Community Services to develop various donor investment strategies
- Keeping track of new trends in philanthropy and innovative sector-specific initiatives
- Becomes member of the AFP (Association of Fundraising Professionals)
- Post secondary education degree in management business marketing or relevant degree or equivalent experience
- Member of AFP and/or CAGP; CFRE may be considered an asset
- At least 8 years of experience in developing, implementing and evaluating revenue-generating partnerships, programs and sponsorship programs
- 5 years experience in managing others
- 3 years experience in philanthropy
- Experience with coaching, mentoring and employee development
- Results oriented with proven ability to identify, analyze and resolve problems
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Developed communication interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Demonstrated public speaking, leadership and facilitation skills
- Ability to work with and develop strong partnerships with business leaders and volunteers
- Excellent knowledge of and demonstrated expertise in developing partnerships
- Strong management skills, with ability to plan and implement plans
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Strong analytical and tactical skills
- Bilingualism is an asset
- Flexible, creative and innovative