Job Opportunity with LiveWell
World Skills Employment Centre is working with LiveWell Canadian Foods Inc to recruit for the position of Plant Manager.
World Skills is not hiring for this position. If you are interested in this opportunity, please follow these steps:
- Please send a cover letter and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, on or before 9:00 am, May 22, 2018.
- Please write the position title in the subject line of your email.
- Please save your cover letter and resume as a SINGLE document, with the file name Your First Name_ Last Name_Position Title (John_Smith_Project Officer). IMPORTANT!
- Late applications will not be accepted.
If you are not yet registered with World Skills, please contact 613-233-0453 ext.300 / Reception@ottawa-worldskills.org to book an appointment for Intake and Assessment or to learn more about our programs and services.
World Skills works with newcomers/immigrants to help them integrate into the Canadian labor market. http://www.ottawa-worldskills.org
- Lead optimal day-to-day operations to exceed quality levels for all products, in accordance with good manufacturing and food safety practices
- Commit to best health and safety market practices for all plant employees, through the active use of safety programs, and by proper maintenance practices
- Monitor plant performance, develop processes to optimize productivity and standards, measure metrics and performance targets, and implement corrective measures when required
- Build strong relationships with workgroups and leadership teams
- Develop a proactive environment to enhance overall plant performance through training, efficient communication and improved procedures
- Implement a communication strategy and channels to maintain open lines of communication with all employees on company policy, procedures and programs
- Develop subordinates in a team management approach, through formal, informal and cross training
- Own market knowledge in food safety and operational planning and share best practices
- Administer all company policies in a fair, consistent and reasonable manner.
- Perform related duties as required
- Proven work experience as a plant manager
- BS degree in Business Management or related field
- Proven managerial experience
- Familiarity with industry standard equipment and technical expertise
- Be knowledgeable of safety, quality, productivity, demand creation, inventory and stewardship processes
- Computer literacy
- Ability to create accountability and to lead by example
- Strong team building, decision-making and people management skills
- Time Management: Plant managers face production deadlines, shipping dates and more and must manage their time accordingly.
Salary: Very competitive
Starting Date: June 25th, 2018