Job Opportunity with LiveWell Canadian Foods Inc
World Skills Employment Centre is working with LiveWell Canadian Foods Inc to recruit for the position of Plant Technician.
World Skills is not hiring for this position. If you are interested in this opportunity, please follow these steps:
- Please send a cover letter and a resume to email@example.com, on or before 9:00 am, May 22, 2018.
- Please write the position title in the subject line of your email.
- Please save your cover letter and resume as a SINGLE document, with the file name Your First Name_ Last Name_Position Title (John_Smith_Project Officer). IMPORTANT!
- Late applications will not be accepted.
If you are not yet registered with World Skills, please contact 613-233-0453 ext.300 / Reception@ottawa-worldskills.org to book an appointment for Intake and Assessment or to learn more about our programs and services.
World Skills works with newcomers/immigrants to help them integrate into the Canadian labor market. http://www.ottawa-worldskills.org
Job Description (not Limited to):
- Participate in preventive maintenance program for plant equipment, machinery and related facilities; identify equipment maintenance needs.
- Maintain records of plant function readings and equipment history; maintain preventative maintenance records and schedules.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, update and repair malfunctioning plant equipment; maintain, repair and overhaul treatment plant equipment including aeration blowers, pumps and motors, compressors, belt press, valves, drive units, hydraulic control units, chlorinators, chemical feeders, pneumatic equipment and hydraulic pressure systems.
- Participate in the installation of wastewater treatment plant equipment; participate in making modifications to equipment for maximum treatment process performance.
- Maintain efficient records on operations and activities; maintain plant safety records; maintain and record shipping and receiving of parcels; prepare a variety of reports on data.
- Operate a variety of heavy equipment including loaders, backhoe, bull dozers, cranes, forklifts, and graders as necessary.
- Participate in special projects as assigned.
- As assigned, set up work assignments for community service workers assigned to the plant by the courts.
- Perform related duties as required
- Hands on experience with all aspects of steam power plant operations and maintenance including mechanical maintenance, instrument and electrical systems, and a working knowledge of power cycles.
- Education equivalent to Associates Degree from two-year college or technical school, or the equivalent in related work experience.
- Experience with mechanical equipment.
- Basic knowledge in computers, MS Office, specifically in Word and Excel.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Strong attention to details.
- Works well in a team or individual environment.
- Demonstrates strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Bilingual (F/E) is preferable
Salary: Very competitive
Starting Date: June 25th, 2018