Job Opportunity with Scotiabank Customer Contact Centre
World Skills Employment Centre is working with Scotiabank Customer Contact Centre to recruit for the position of Customer Service Officer - Bilingual.
World Skills is not hiring for this position. If you are interested in this opportunity, please follow these steps:
- Please send a cover letter and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, on or before 9:00 am, July 5, 2018.
- Please write the position title in the subject line of your email.
- Please save your cover letter and resume as a SINGLE document, with the file name Your First Name_ Last Name_Position Title (John_Smith_Project Officer). IMPORTANT!
- Late applications will not be accepted.
If you are not yet registered with World Skills, please contact 613-233-0453 ext.300 / Reception@ottawa-worldskills.org to book an appointment for Intake and Assessment or to learn more about our programs and services.
World Skills works with newcomers/immigrants to help them integrate into the Canadian labor market. http://www.ottawa-worldskills.org
Customer Service Officer (Bilingual), Scotiabank Customer Contact Centre – FullTime Regular (Ottawa, ON)
A lost credit card, transaction inquiry or billing concern– these are just a few of the many different reasons Scotiabank customers reach out to our Contact Centre team for assistance. Our Customer Service Officers are engaged specialists who investigate customer inquiries and identify additional opportunities to provide the advice and solutions designed to ensure the financial wellbeing of our customers.
As a Customer Service Officer, You are:
- The calming, attentive voice at the end of the line.
- The empowered specialist and passionate advocate of our “customers’ right to become better off.”
- A committed member of a team with a common goal -- the delivery of memorable customer experiences with easy, simple solutions and the personalized advice that are the cornerstone of the Scotiabank brand.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Providing advice and solutions via telephone to a high-volume of inbound customer calls originating from anywhere in Canada.
- Applying expert knowledge of Scotiabank’s products and services.
- Pro-actively identifying opportunities to maximize the customer experience.
To be successful in this role, You:
- Will possess a year or more of experience providing enhanced service experiences to customers.
- Have obtained a High School Diploma or a recognized educational equivalent.
- Are skilled at leveraging your interpersonal abilities and communication skills to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Are motivated to apply the strategic thought and problem-solving abilities required to investigate and provide needs-based solutions to customer concerns.
- Are comfortable with a self-directed approach to learning and maintaining your knowledge of the online job aids and resources required to perform in your role.
- Are comfortable navigating software, supporting customer digital banking options and navigating numerous internal Bank systems while simultaneously engaging with customers.
- Have a keyboarding speed of preferably 25-30 WPM.
Those Who Join Our Team Will Have:
- The opportunity to contribute to the success of a team, the Centre and the Bank.
- A rewarding career path with access to ongoing learning and diverse opportunities for professional development.
- A competitive compensation and benefits package.
- Opportunities to work on Bank initiatives to “make a difference” in our communities.
- An inclusive workplace culture that values diversity and potential
- Our Customer Contact Centre is located at 2220 Walkley Road, Ottawa, ON, K1G 5L2
- Position Start Date: August 13, 2018
- Position Status: Full-time Regular (37.5 hours)
- Training is mandatory and non-negotiable
- Training Duration: 9-10 weeks
- Training Schedule: Monday – Friday: 8 am to 4 pm
Shifts after Training:
- Candidates must be flexible to work anytime within our hours of operation (8 am
- Midnight, Monday through Saturday, and 8 am to 10 pm on Sunday (EST)).
- Shifts will be on a rotational basis once training has ended.