Job Opportunity with Gabriel Pizza /Crust and Crate
World Skills Employment Centre is working with Gabriel Pizza /Crust and Crate to recruit for the position of KITCHEN MANAGER
World Skills is not hiring for this position. If you are interested in this opportunity, please follow these steps:
- Please send a cover letter and a resume to email@example.com
- Please write the position title in the subject line of your email.
- Please save your cover letter and resume as a SINGLE document, with the file name Your First Name_ Last Name_Position Title (John_Smith_Project Officer). IMPORTANT!
- Late applications will not be accepted.
If you are not yet registered with World Skills, please contact 613-233-0453 ext.300 / Reception@ottawa-worldskills.org to book an appointment for Intake and Assessment or to learn more about our programs and services.
World Skills works with newcomers/immigrants to help them integrate into the Canadian labor market. http://www.ottawa-worldskills.org
Established in Ottawa, Ontario, in 1977, Gabriel Pizza specializes in pizza and Italian food dining and delivery with its award-winning products, service and quality brand. With over 38 locations in Eastern Ontario and Western Quebec, Gabriel Pizza is passionate about delivering the ultimate guest experience. The family operated business prides itself in its strong connection to the communities in which they serve, from fundraising to sponsorship of countless community events.
Crust & Crate Fast Fired Pizza is your favourite little pizza pub serving up fast fired Al Forno style pizzas and gastropub fare in a colourful, cocktail inspired, wine infused, craft beer loving environment. The décor – plank floors, weathered brick, open ceilings and stacked crates – has a unique old warehouse atmosphere like few places around the national capital area.
Crust & Crate is a casual dining restaurant created by renowned Gabriel Pizza Franchise Corporation – known for its award-winning products, service and quality brand.
- 2094 Montreal Road, Ottawa
- 2158 St. Joseph Boulevard, Orleans
- 277 Bank Street, Ottawa
- 100 Metcalfe Street, Ottawa
Crust and Crate:
- Unit 5, 325 Marche Way, (Lansdowne Park), Ottawa
- Unit 1, 2018 Ogilvie Road, Gloucester
Do you consider yourself a culinary maestro in the kitchen? Reporting to the General Manager, the Kitchen Manager will ensure that all Crust & Crate guests are provided with the best culinary experience possible and all responsibilities are conducted in a professional manner.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure that all food and products are consistently prepared and served according to the restaurant’s recipes, portioning, cooking and plating standards
- Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and kept in excellent working condition through personal inspection and by following the restaurant’s preventative maintenance programs
- Foster a positive company culture
- Manage and execute all aspects of human resources: recruitment and selection, training, performance management, recognition and development
- Maintain a positive attitude that promotes teamwork within the restaurant
- Oversee and manage Food Costs: including ordering, production and weekly inventory; analyze, identify opportunities, create action plan, communicate and monitor results
- Manage and deliver the perfect guest experience through effective scheduling: maintain an accurate and up-to-date plan of restaurant staffing needs; prepare schedules and ensure that the Heart of House is properly staffed for all shifts
- Lead, manage and deliver the perfect culinary experience each shift: oversee preparation, production, presentation, cleanliness, teamwork and safety throughout each shift
- Shift management of controllable costs: food, beverage, labour and Quality Control promo line
- Communicate equipment problems, practice good preventative maintenance on store assets
- Ensure operational and occupational health and safety standards are in place and adhered to every shift
- Other duties as required
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE and KEY SKILLS:
- Previous kitchen management experience required
- Passion for the kitchen and for producing quality products every day
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, both written and oral
- Strong business acumen, including an understanding of budgets and operating costs
- Strong analytical/decision-making skills
- Leadership skills – able to direct and supervise staff
- Previous scheduling experience an asset
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including opening, closing, weekends and holidays