Job Opportunity with Gabriel Pizza /Crust and Crate
World Skills Employment Centre is working with Gabriel Pizza /Crust and Crate to recruit for the position of LINE COOK
World Skills is not hiring for this position. If you are interested in this opportunity, please follow these steps:
- Please send a cover letter and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please write the position title in the subject line of your email.
- Please save your cover letter and resume as a SINGLE document, with the file name Your First Name_ Last Name_Position Title (John_Smith_Project Officer). IMPORTANT!
- Late applications will not be accepted.
If you are not yet registered with World Skills, please contact 613-233-0453 ext.300 / Reception@ottawa-worldskills.org to book an appointment for Intake and Assessment or to learn more about our programs and services.
World Skills works with newcomers/immigrants to help them integrate into the Canadian labor market. http://www.ottawa-worldskills.org
Established in Ottawa, Ontario, in 1977, Gabriel Pizza specializes in pizza and Italian food dining and delivery with its award-winning products, service and quality brand. With over 38 locations in Eastern Ontario and Western Quebec, Gabriel Pizza is passionate about delivering the ultimate guest experience. The family operated business prides itself in its strong connection to the communities in which they serve, from fundraising to sponsorship of countless community events.
Crust & Crate Fast Fired Pizza is your favourite little pizza pub serving up fast fired Al Forno style pizzas and gastropub fare in a colourful, cocktail inspired, wine infused, craft beer loving environment. The décor – plank floors, weathered brick, open ceilings and stacked crates – has a unique old warehouse atmosphere like few places around the national capital area.
Crust & Crate is a casual dining restaurant created by renowned Gabriel Pizza Franchise Corporation – known for its award-winning products, service and quality brand.
- 2094 Montreal Road, Ottawa
- 2158 St. Joseph Boulevard, Orleans
- 277 Bank Street, Ottawa
- 100 Metcalfe Street, Ottawa
Crust and Crate:
- Unit 5, 325 Marche Way, (Lansdowne Park), Ottawa
- Unit 1, 2018 Ogilvie Road, Gloucester
Cook and prepare a variety of food products including dough, meats, vegetables, sauces, and other food products using a variety of equipment and utensils according to the Daily Prep List.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Complete opening and closing checklists.
- Work effectively and cooperatively with others, establishing and maintaining good working relationships through building trust, treating others with respect and demonstrating integrity.
- Understand completely and follow all policies, procedures, standards, specifications and guidelines
- Refer to Daily Prep List at the start of each shift for assigned duties.
- Prepare a variety of doughs, meats, vegetables and other food items for cooking in ovens, grills, fryers and a variety of other kitchen equipment.
- Ensure consistent compliance of our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures.
- Portion food products prior to cooking according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications.
- Ensure all standards and policies are followed, including those related to food safety, food preparation, timing, cleanliness, and health and safety.
- Maintain a clean and sanitary work station area including tables, shelves, walls and refrigeration equipment.
- Close the kitchen properly and follow the closing checklist for kitchen stations. Assist others in closing the kitchen.
- Attend all scheduled employee meetings and bring suggestions for improvement.
- Promptly report equipment and food quality problems to Manager.
- Inform Manager immediately of product shortages.
- Use our Standard Recipe Card for preparing all products. Do not rely on the memory of yourself or other employees.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE and KEY SKILLS:
- Experience in kitchen preparation and cooking.
- Breakfast and/or pizza experience important.
- Minimum of 6 months of experience working in a similar capacity.
- Ability to communicate clearly with managers and kitchen personnel.
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 5 hours)