The goal of Ottawa Job Match Network (OJMN) is to match internationally trained professionals to employment opportunities commensurate to their education, qualifications, skills and experience. OJMN offers two cohort options:
- Business Administration and Management
- Applied Sciences
Services offered for each cohort
- Eight-day sector specific workshop with up-to-date labour market information
- One-on-one support in implementing job search strategies
- Direct employer contact through coaching and networking events; informational interviews, HR panels, employer information sessions, interview roulettes with HR personnel
- Job matching, internship, and mentorship opportunities
- Alumni networking opportunities
- Interview coaching and job application preparation
- Internationally educated (college diploma and/or university degree from abroad)
- Permanent resident or foreign born Canadian Citizen
- Canadian Language Benchmark Level 7 or above
- Resident of Ontario
- Unemployed or underemployed
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
In addition to the eligibility criteria for OJMN, it is critical that internationally trained professionals are also job ready, with a tailored resume as well as a clear job objective, excellent communication, presentation, and interview skills.
How to register
To be referred to OJMN, internationally trained professionals must go through the intake and assessment (IAR) process at World Skills Employment Centre.
To book an appointment for IAR, please contact us.