The Ottawa Job Match Network (OJMN) program is a bridge training and job matching initiative funded by the Ministry of Citizenship, Immigration and International Trade. Its goal is to match internationally trained individuals (ITIs) to employment opportunities commensurate to their education, qualifications, skills and experience. The program offers two cohort options:
● Business Administration and Management (BAM)
● Applied Sciences
Services offered for each cohort:
● Eight-day sector specific workshop with up to date labour market information
● One-on-one support in implementing job search strategies
● Direct employer contact through coaching and networking events; informational interviews, HR panels, employer information sessions, interview roulettes with HR personnel
● Job matching; internship, and mentorship opportunities
● Alumni networking opportunities
● Interview coaching and job application preparation
a. Internationally educated (college diploma and/or university degree from abroad)
b. Permanent resident or foreign born Canadian Citizen
c. Canadian Language Benchmark Level 7 or higher
d. Resident of Ontario
e. Unemployed or underemployed
f. Legally entitled to work in Canada
In addition to the eligibility criteria for OJMN, it is critical that ITI’s who are referred to the program are also job ready, with a tailored resume as well as a clear job objective, excellent communication, presentation, and interview skills.
See dates for upcoming OJMN cohorts and events here.
How to register:
To be referred to OJMN, internationally trained individuals must go through the intake and assessment (IAR) process at World Skills Employment Centre. To book an appointment for IAR, please contact us.