||Job Title: Bilingual Health Promoter (HP2)
Term: Regular Part-time
Salary range: $29.508/hour to $35.552/hour, plus excellent benefits package including Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP)
Start date: January 2016
The Centretown Community Health Centre (CCHC) is seeking to hire a Bilingual Health Promoter (HP2)
The Health Promoter conducts and/or facilitates the planning, development, implementation and evaluation of health promotion programs and activities, within a determinants of health* framework. Health Promotion consists of the following strategies: strengthening community action; building healthy public policy; creating supportive environments; developing personal skills and re-orienting health services.
* Determinants of health include social, economic and environmental factors affecting health i.e. income, education, employment, social and physical environments.
The ability to communicate in a language other than English or French
English, written and spoken
French, written and spoken
CCHC is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. Do not hesitate to contact us if you require alternative arrangements to submit your application.
Candidates with a disability requiring accommodations during the interview process should advise Human Resources so arrangements can be made.
How to apply if you are registered with World Skills
World Skills is seeking candidates to present to their employer contacts for this job opportunity. World Skills is not hiring for this position directly.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please follow these steps:
- Master level degree in health or social sciences or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience as community health educator/health promoter.
- Specific knowledge related to work assignment.
- Experience facilitating groups and utilizing adult learning techniques.
- Ability to work well with marginalized groups.
- Knowledge of health promotion principles, and experience with a range of health promotion strategies (eg .community organizing, advocacy for public policy).
- Proficient with Windows-based computer systems, in particular, basic e-mail and MS Word.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Ability to work well independently and as part of multi-disciplinary team.
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends.
- Experience and skills in evaluation.
- Apply directly to the employer by visiting this link: firstname.lastname@example.org by December 11, 2015 by 11:59pm
- Submit your letter of interest along with your résumé, and Please note the following:
- The subject line of your email should read “Bilingual Health Promoter (HP2)”
- The file name for your resume should read:“ (last name)_(first name)_ Resume
- The file name for your cover letter should read: “ (last name)_(first name)_ Cover Letter
- Send a copy of your application to email@example.com
If you are not yet registered with World Skills, please contact 613-233-0453 ext.300 / Reception@ottawa-worldskills.org to book an appointment for Intake and Assessment or to learn more about our programs and services.
World Skills works with newcomers/immigrants to help them integrate into the Canadian labor market: http://www.ottawa-worldskills.
- Late applications will not be