Are you having difficulty attracting and retaining skilled and talented employees?
Is staying ahead of the competitive labour market a problem? Looking for a solution?
World Skills has 20 years of experience in connecting newcomers to employment and supporting businesses from a variety of sectors including manufacturing, retail, not-for-profit, government and hospitality.
Throughout our history, we have developed and delivered English language training to countless newcomers through a variety of innovative and effective courses. Our newest no-cost employment-specific program is On-the-Job Language Training.
On-the-Job Language Training offers employers the opportunity to build newcomer staff’s competencies and to support their integration into the workplace.
• Post recruitment support via On-the-Job Language Training safeguards your return on investment
• Employee performance and retention is enhanced
• Your employees are better equipped to provide superior customer service
• Skilled and hard-working employees can be retrained for work that requires higher language skills
• High quality employees ensure that you can adapt to a changing marketplace
• Develop and build upon their English skills
• Fine-tune abilities to perform work tasks better and take on new tasks
• Are better equipped to compete for promotions and advance within your organization
• Learn and use language relevant to your workplace
• Build confidence that positively impacts your workplace and the community they live in
• We manage the entire language training process, from the initial individual employee language level assessment to
• We carry out an onsite language needs assessment with you to develop customized training that responds to your
specific business requirements
• With your permission we undertake an extensive review your relevant information documents such as manuals,
policies, glossaries and technical language to use in the development of a customized curriculum
• We develop course curriculum to meet your language needs and include cross cultural communication abilities and
soft skills that build confidence
• We assess your employee upon completion of the language training to determine their improved language
• We carry out a needs assessment with your employees to ensure that they are motivated to engage in language
• We develop course curriculum to meet your employee’s language levels and include cross cultural communication
and soft skills that newcomer employees need to build confidence
• We assess your employees upon completion of the language training to determine their enhanced language
• Emphasize language required for interaction in the workplace
• Integrate information about Canadian workplace culture
• Hire teachers who are Ontario Certified Teacher of English as a Second Language and are skilled at creating links
between the course, the employee work and to their personal lives
• Are based on the Canadian Language Benchmark criteria and outcomes are recognized as the official Canadian
standards for describing, measuring and recognizing the English language proficiency of adult immigrants and
If you think that On-the-Job Language Training is a solution to attracting and retaining skilled and talented newcomer employees contact Peggy Kelly, Coordinator, Roadmap to Employment (613) 233-0453
Ext. 342 email@example.com
Dear clients, volunteers, employers, partners and stakeholders; due to the special circumstances related to COVID-19, from March 17, 2020 and until further notice, our employment services are being offered remotely using e-mail, telephone, and other available technologies.
We have made an effort to transition all our services online which include: job search workshops, employer events, language courses, individualized employment counseling, intake and assessment of new clients, re-assessment of existing clients, pre-screening candidates for job opportunities, our resume clinic, among other services.
For group format, we're mostly using zoom and for one/one we're very open to whichever technology works for you.
If you're a newcomer job seeker who'd like to register as a World skills Client please click this link to book an appointment. Stakeholder who'd like to find out more, please connect with us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your questions and requests will be dealt with by our solicitous staff.
Please stay safe and follow the advice of health officials.