The Job Search Workshop (JSW) is a two-module, group-based workshop where job seekers have the opportunity to learn and practice the skills needed to undertake a successful job search in Canada. Graduates of the program have access to ongoing employment counselling support.
View the detailed program outline.
The workshops are offered in English at a variety of partner locations around Ottawa:
• World Skills Employment Centre
• Catholic Centre for Immigrants (CCI)
• Ottawa Community Immigrant Services Organization (OCISO)
• Jewish Family Services (JFS)
• Immigrant Women Services Ottawa (IWSO)
• Lebanese and Arab Social Services Agency (LASSA)
• Somali Centre for Family Services (SCFS)
• Ottawa Chinese Community Services Centre (OCCSC)
The JSW is delivered in French only at World Skills Employment Centre.
• Permanent Residents
• Convention Refugees
• Live-in Caregivers residing in Ontario
• Canadian Language Benchmark (listening, speaking, reading and writing) level 5 and above
There is no cost to participate in JSW.
Free childcare is available for children aged 19 months-13 years (at the 219 Argyle Ave. location).
Please contact us to learn more about the JSW.