The Job Search Workshop (JSW) is a two-module, group-based workshop where job seekers have the opportunity to learn and practice the skills needed to undertake a successful job search in Canada. Graduates of the program have access to ongoing employment counselling support.
View the detailed program outline.
The workshops are offered in English at a variety of partner locations around Ottawa:
• World Skills Employment Centre
• Catholic Centre for Immigrants (CCI)
• Ottawa Community Immigrant Services Organization (OCISO)
• Jewish Family Services (JFS)
• Immigrant Women Services Ottawa (IWSO)
• Lebanese and Arab Social Services Agency (LASSA)
• Somali Centre for Family Services (SCFS)
• Ottawa Chinese Community Services Centre (OCCSC)
The JSW is delivered in French only at World Skills Employment Centre.
• Permanent Residents
• Convention Refugees
• Live-in Caregivers residing in Ontario
• Canadian Language Benchmark (listening, speaking, reading and writing) level 5 and above
There is no cost to participate in JSW.
Free childcare is available for children aged 19 months-13 years (at the 219 Argyle Ave. location).
Please contact us to learn more about the JSW.
Dear clients of World Skills and newcomer job seekers, due to the special circumstances related to COVID-19, from March 17, 2020 and until further notice, our employment services are being offered remotely using e-mail, telephone, and other available technologies. Please connect with us via e-mail at email@example.com
Your questions and requests will be dealt with by our solicitous staff.
Please stay safe and follow the advice of health officials.