With Employer Connections activities, we enhance the preparation for internationally trained individuals to access employment opportunities commensurate with their education, qualifications, skills and experience.
Specifically, Employer Connections provides job seekers with:
• Networking and coaching opportunities with employers, professionals, stakeholders, alumni and other participants
• Access to Targeted Recruitment Events with partnering employers
• One-on-one employability skills assessment
• Job matching and mentoring opportunities
• Interview coaching and job application feedback
• Internationally educated (college diploma and/or university degree from abroad)
• Permanent resident, Convention Refugee, Temporary resident or foreign born Canadian Citizen
• Canadian Language Benchmark Level 5 or above
• Resident of Ontario
• Unemployed or underemployed
• Legally entitled to work in Canada
In addition, internationally trained professionals must be job ready, have a tailored résumé as well as a clear job objective, excellent communication, presentation, and interview skills.
You need to be a client of World Skills to participate. Fill-out the contact us form to book an appointment.