The Ottawa Job Match Network prepares internationally trained individuals for employment opportunities commensurate with their education, qualifications, skills and experience.
Specifically, OJMN provides job seekers with:
• Sector specific information to access job opportunities
• Up-to-date labour market information
• Tools, skills, motivation and resources to support them in the development and implementation of a
comprehensive and successful job search strategy
• Networking opportunities with employers, professionals, stakeholders, alumni and other participants
• One-on-one assistance to make informed decisions about career options in the short, medium and long term
• Job matching, internship/mentoring opportunities
• Interview coaching and job application preparation
• Employer coaching and mentoring
• Internationally educated (college diploma and/or university degree from abroad)
• Permanent resident or foreign born Canadian Citizen
• Canadian Language Benchmark Level 7 or above
• Resident of Ontario
• Unemployed or underemployed
• Legally entitled to work in Canada
In addition, internationally trained professionals must be job ready, have a tailored résumé as well as a clear job objective, excellent communication, presentation, and interview skills.
You need to be a client of World Skills to participate. Fill-out the contact us form to book an appointment.
Dear clients, volunteers, employers, partners and stakeholders; due to the special circumstances related to COVID-19, from March 17, 2020 and until further notice, our employment services are being offered remotely using e-mail, telephone, and other available technologies.
We have made an effort to transition all our services online which include: job search workshops, employer events, language courses, individualized employment counselling, intake and assessment of new clients, re-assessment of existing clients, pre-screening candidates for job opportunities, our resume clinic, among other services.
For group format, we're mostly using zoom and for one/one we're very open to whichever technology works for you.
If you're a newcomer job seeker who'd like to register or a stakeholder who'd like to find out more, please connect with us via e-mail at email@example.com
Your questions and requests will be dealt with by our solicitous staff.
Please stay safe and follow the advice of health officials.