Did you know that more than half of Canada’s 161,000 non-profit and charitable organizations have no paid staff and rely on volunteers? Over 13 million volunteers contribute 2.1 billion hours annually — volunteering is a way of life in Canada and we are very proud of it.
In 2016-2017, volunteers with World Skills contributed 5,495 hours of their time, expertise and passion to help us help newcomers integrate economically into their communities.
If you are a newcomer who is looking for a way to learn more about the Canadian workplace culture, volunteering is a great way to do that.
• Gaining Canadian work experience in a supportive environment
• Practicing and developing your skills
• Directly impacting the community
• Expanding your professional network
• Meeting new people, making friends and building your connections
For additional volunteer opportunities in Ottawa, please visit Volunteer Ottawa.