Roadmap to Employment is a program designed to assist refugees and newcomers in general with lower language skills, who are looking to obtain employment commensurate to their skills and education.
The overall objective of the program is to facilitate the integration of refugees and newcomers into the Ottawa labour market through:
• Individual needs assessment
• Pre-employment group training
• One-on-one pre-employment support
• Workplace orientation and cross-cultural communications training
• Hands-on activities related to resume writing, job interview practice, and professional networking
• Employer referrals and job matching
World Skills is committed to support our clients in their integration process in Canada and to continue working in partnership with different organizations toward the common goal of helping them succeed.
For more information contact World Skills Employment Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org or (613) 233-0453 Ext. 300.
Dear clients of World Skills and newcomer job seekers, due to the special circumstances related to COVID-19, from March 17, 2020 and until further notice, our employment services are being offered remotely using e-mail, telephone, and other available technologies. Please connect with us via e-mail at email@example.com
Your questions and requests will be dealt with by our solicitous staff.
Please stay safe and follow the advice of health officials.