Date: September 03 to October 25, 2019
Duration: Monday to Friday (8 weeks)
Time: 9:00 am to 12:00 pm
Location: World Skills, 300-219 Argyle Avenue, Ottawa ON K2P 2H4
Eligibility: In order to register for this class, you must:
1. be a Permanent Resident or Convention Refugee
2. live in Ontario; and
3. have had an English language assessment within the last 12 months with a least level 6 completed.
What you need to do:
1. Email Raghad Alsalim at: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Please confirm only if you are certain that you can attend the whole course. We require an 80% attendance rate in order to provide a certificate of completion.
3. Complete the registration form (click on the link)
4. Please also let us know if you cannot participate, so that we may contact other clients on the waiting list.
Daytime Child Minding Services:
– Location: Immigrant Women Services Ottawa (IWSO) 219 Argyle Avenue, second floor
– For more information, please contact Luz at (613) 729-3145, ext. 236
To take advantage of free child care services:
– Your child must be between the ages of 19 months and 13 years old
– Arrive several minutes in advance of the course start time to complete forms
– Let us know in advance if you will use this service
Child Care Services Rules:
– Diaper changing is only done by the parent
– Bring extra clothes in case they are needed
– Apple juice and crackers are provided, but no lunch
– Bring your child’s food if more is needed provided that you will be at the workshop from 1 pm to 4 pm
– Avoid peanuts and any other meals that can produce allergies
Dear clients, volunteers, employers, partners and stakeholders; due to the special circumstances related to COVID-19, from March 17, 2020 and until further notice, our employment services are being offered remotely using e-mail, telephone, and other available technologies.
We have made an effort to transition all our services online which include: job search workshops, employer events, language courses, individualized employment counselling, intake and assessment of new clients, re-assessment of existing clients, pre-screening candidates for job opportunities, our resume clinic, among other services.
For group format, we're mostly using zoom and for one/one we're very open to whichever technology works for you.
If you're a newcomer job seeker who'd like to register or a stakeholder who'd like to find out more, please connect with us via e-mail at email@example.com
Your questions and requests will be dealt with by our solicitous staff.
Please stay safe and follow the advice of health officials.