- This event has passed.
IT Coach Connect Bootcamp Info session hosted by ICTC
December 13, 2021 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
Learn more about the IT Coach Connect Program:
IT COACH CONNECT is a free 1-week program offered by the Information, Communications and Technology Council (ICTC) to assist newcomer IT professionals and IT-related Engineers to become more marketable to employers, and to gain valuable skillsets to enhance their credentials and job search.
Here are the 3 pillars of the program:
1. Job Readiness – This includes: resume review and analysis, cover letter preparation, reviewing job descriptions, interview preparation
2. The ITP (Information Technology Professional) designation – This provides Information and Communications Technology (ICT) professionals with industry-recognized documentation to validate their international education and work experience for employers. The ITP designation recognizes ICT professionals based on a combination of accredited education plus industry experience in high-demand fields to ensure job readiness. ICTC continually adapts the requirements for the ITP designation to respond to what employers identify as important skills in the digital economy in Canada.
3. Upskilling with Microsoft and ICTC – Microsoft has committed to help 25 million people world-wide who have lost their jobs due to COVID-19 to reskill for the jobs of today and tomorrow so they can rejoin the workforce prepared for roles that will be in even greater demand going forward.
Microsoft, LinkedIn, and GitHub are bringing together the best of their resources to help you:
• Get free access to learning content on LinkedIn Learning, Microsoft Learn, and GitHub, ranging from entry-level digital literacy skills to advanced skills for technical roles.
• Learn how to use LinkedIn’s job search tools and free courses
• Earn an industry-recognized Microsoft Certification at a reduced-cost.
Gain the confidence and know-how you need to turn your new digital skills into opportunities
Host: Anne Windle -Manager-Immigration Programs at ICTC
As an HR professional with more than 25 years experience in the Finance, Broadcast and IT industries, She has seen the benefits of job satisfaction and growth for people who invest the time and energy into their own development. It pays off.