- This event has passed.
ONLINE INFORMATION SESSION – NEW EMPLOYMENT PROGRAM FOR NEWCOMER WOMEN
November 24, 2020 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pmFree
Do you identify as a Visible Minority Newcomer Woman?
If YES, then this may be the perfect program for you!
We will help you to:
• Assess your employability skills
• Gain insights into the labour market, and better understand how your skills match with labour market demands
• Build a realistic career action plan between assessed skill levels and required job skills
• Apply for jobs with customized resumes and cover letters
• Master responses to interview questions
• Meet and connect with local employers
• Represent yourself with confidence at networking events
• Transition successfully on the job with one-on-one support
• Understand workplace culture and communication skills which are essential for navigating on the job
Be inspired by accomplished guest speakers, mentors and coaches
*Free child care and transportation available
Are you ready to challenge yourself and succeed in the labour market?
You are invited to learn more about this program at our Information Session.
- Permanent resident of Canada or Convention refugee with valid work permit
- CLB level 5 +
- Must identify as a visible minority newcomer woman
- Must be willing to volunteer in this research project
- Must be unemployed or underemployed
This event takes place ONLINE (via Zoom) – Please contact Nadiya email@example.com
You will receive the link to join the event after you register on Eventbrite and shortly before the event.
Date: Nov. 24, 2020 (Tue)
Time: 2:00 PM – 4:00 PM
This initiative is part of a research project with the Social Research and Demonstration Corporation (SRDC), which is funded by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).