- This event has passed.
Online Information Session – New Employment Program for UNDEREMPLOYED Newcomer Women
October 21, 2020 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pmFree
Are you a visible minority newcomer woman who is underemployed? Are you working in a survival job or in a job which is below your capacity? Would you like to receive help to:
- Develop a plan to manage your career?
- Seek opportunities to gain a promotion or advance your skills?
- Expand your professional network?
- Increase your confidence in applying to more appropriate jobs to match your qualifications and skills?
- Advance your overall job search strategy to increase your chances of success?
If you need help in any of these areas, our program Empowering Visible Minority Newcomer Women is here to help you. Please make sure that you meet the eligibility criteria and you are willing to participate in this research project.
- Must be UNDEREMPLOYED
- CLB level 7 +
- Must identify as a visible minority newcomer woman
- Permanent resident of Canada or Convention refugee with valid work permit
- Must be willing to volunteer in this research project
This event takes place ONLINE (via Zoom) – please contact Nadiya email@example.com
You will receive the link to join the event after you register on Eventbrite and shortly before the event.
Date: October 21, 2020 (Wed)
Time: 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM
This initiative is part of a research project with the Social Research and Demonstration Corporation (SRDC), which is funded by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).