- This event has passed.
IT Professional Designation & Job Readiness Program
September 14, 2020 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am
Join us for an online Information Session on September 14, 2020, at 10 am!
This free 1-week program offered by the Information, Communications and Technology Council (ICTC) will assist in supporting newcomer IT and IT-related Engineers in becoming more marketable to employers and to gain valuable skillsets to enhance their job search.
What you get:
- Information Technology Professional Designation from ICTC
- Validation of your international education and experience
- Microsoft Certification (at a reduced cost)
- Job Readiness fine-tuning ( resume review, strong cover letter, interview training, coaching, Linked in profile review, etc.)
- 3+ year degree in IT or IT-related Engineering from Canada(or Canadian Equivalence accepted)
- English competence at CLB 7 (Canadian Language Benchmark)
- Committed to learning and passionate about IT
- Must be a Permanent Resident (PR)
If selected for September 28th, here are the details of the program!
3 Pillars Of The Program:
- Job Readiness includes: resume review and analysis, cover letter preparation, reviewing job descriptions, interview prep
- The ITP (Information Technology Professional) designation provides Information and Communications Technology (ICT) professionals with documentation to validate your international education and work experience for employers. ITP recognizes ICT professionals based on a combination of accredited education plus industry experience in high-demand fields to ensure job readiness. ICTC continually adapts the requirements for ITP to respond to what employers identify as important skills in the digital economy in Canada.
- Upskill with Microsoft and ICTC – COVID-19 has created a global economic crisis, forcing tens of millions of people to seek work. In the post-COVID world, people–especially those from the industries–will need digital skills so they can rejoin the workforce prepared for roles that will be in even greater demand going forward. Are you ready to prepare for a new role in the digital economy? Microsoft has committed to help 25 million people worldwide who have lost their jobs due to COVID-19 reskill for the jobs of today and tomorrow.
Microsoft, LinkedIn, and GitHub are bringing together the best of their resources to help you:
Get free access to learning content across LinkedIn Learning, Microsoft Learn, and GitHub, ranging from entry-level digital literacy skills to advanced skills for technical roles.
Earn an industry-recognized Microsoft Certification at a reduced-cost
With access to LinkedIn job search tools and free courses, gain the confidence and know-how you need to turn your new digital skills into an opportunity.
For more information contact:
Andy Rapoch – Andy@ottawa-worldskills.org
Shruti Shah – Shruti@ottawa-worldskills.org