30 June 2020 @ 10:00 AM - 30 June 2020 @ 12:00 PM
Do you identify as a Visible Minority Newcomer Woman?
If YES, then this may be the perfect program for you!
We will help you to:
• Assess your employability skills
• Gain insights into the labour market, and better understand how your skills match with labour market demands
• Build a realistic career action plan between assessed skill levels and required job skills
• Apply for jobs with customized resumes and cover letters
• Master responses to interview questions
• Meet and connect with local employers
• Represent yourself with confidence at networking events
• Transition successfully on the job with one-on-one support
• Understand workplace culture and communication skills which are essential for navigating on the job
Be inspired by accomplished guest speakers, mentors and coaches
*Free child care and transportation available
Are you ready to challenge yourself and succeed in the labour market?
You are invited to learn more about this program at our Information Session.
This event takes place ONLINE (via Zoom) – Please contact Nadiya email@example.com
You will receive the link to join the event after you register on Eventbrite and shortly before the event.
Date: June 30, 2020 (Tue)
Time: 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM
This initiative is part of a research project with the Social Research and Demonstration Corporation (SRDC), which is funded by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
Dear clients, volunteers, employers, partners and stakeholders; due to the special circumstances related to COVID-19, from March 17, 2020 and until further notice, our employment services are being offered remotely using e-mail, telephone, and other available technologies.
We have made an effort to transition all our services online which include: job search workshops, employer events, language courses, individualized employment counselling, intake and assessment of new clients, re-assessment of existing clients, pre-screening candidates for job opportunities, our resume clinic, among other services.
For group format, we're mostly using zoom and for one/one we're very open to whichever technology works for you.
If you're a newcomer job seeker who'd like to register or a stakeholder who'd like to find out more, please connect with us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your questions and requests will be dealt with by our solicitous staff.
Please stay safe and follow the advice of health officials.