World Skills offers no-cost Enhanced Language Training (ELT) courses that focus on the English language communication skills needed to meet the expectations of the Canadian professional workplace.
Guest speakers, including employers and sector specialists, are invited into the classes to share their knowledge and experience and provide an opportunity to network.
Individual employment counselling as well as individual grammar and pronunciation coaching is provided throughout the courses.
Courses: Click here to see schedule
Writing and oral communication skills are essential to professional success. This course helps you:
• Understand Canadian expectations for presenting yourself professionally, managing conversations, and developing
• Enhance your written business communication skills, including accuracy, sentence structure and writing for
• Gain hands-on experience writing emails, memos and requests
Many of today’s businesses focus on team work and professional report writing. This course relies on the concepts and business writing rules taught in Part I and further enhances your interpersonal skills and understanding of Canadian expectations for managing professional discussions and participation in meetings. Written business communication will include report writing and business cases. Participants will gain hands-on experience with negotiation skills and in delivering persuasive presentations.
Office administrators are at the centre of many professional teams and have a unique skill set. This course introduces internationally trained professionals to the language skills required in a Canadian office context, including standard office procedures and expectations around teamwork and meetings.
Have a great idea? Starting a business and being your own boss can be very appealing. This course will help you
• Make an informed decision about becoming an entrepreneur
• Learn how to write a business plan
• Understand customers
• Market products or services
• Look at the financial aspects of starting and running a business
• Present your business to potential investors
• Permanent Resident
• Convention Refugee
• Live-in Caregiver residing in Ontario
• Canadian Language Benchmarks (listening, speaking, reading and writing) levels 6-9
There is no cost to participate.
Free childcare is available during the day classes for children aged 19 months-13 years.
Please contact us to schedule an appointment.